Love It to Lose It

Tuesday 19 January 2016

BEWARE THE DEMON DRINK !

I have found, in the past, that when I am dieting the most difficult times are when I visit family and friends. Food is used as such a social thing and with families there are often expectations about what, when and how much you eat. How delighted I was, therefore, to go away for a long weekend to my friends new home in The Fens and not be dieting.

 
Before I left home I focussed my mind on loving myself. I thought carefully about how I would keep this up and came up with a great plan. With food as a friend (no longer labelled 'good' or 'bad') I could easily chose to eat anything I liked by following the following rules.....
  1. Eat only when hungry.
     
  2. Eat only until just full. (Keep connecting your mind and body to check this out)
     
  3. Eat the foods that work well with your body.
     
  4. Take food with you that works better for your body (I took gluten free bread as ordinary bread makes my joints really painful and stiff
     
  5. Eat the carbs on your plate last and only eat until you are just full.
  6. Be prepared to leave food on your plate when you are full.
  7. Enjoy all your favourite sweet and fatty foods in moderation.
These are the rules I used many years ago when I went on a two week cruise, after dropping four dress sizes. The results were outstanding. I did not put on a pound in weight during the cruise!
So what went wrong this time? I forgot the most important rule.....

 




DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL

Beware the Demon Drink!











It is well documented that alcohol has an effect on the brain and inhibits behaviour and the ability to focus. This is certainly true for myself. For me, all it takes is one or two mouthfuls (not even a full glass) and my ability to switch my mind on to my body just dissipates. Not only do all the rules fly out the window but I easily overeat. 

So was my lovely weekend spoilt by my unhealthy eating habits? Quite frankly, NO! The reason for this is that I am no longer self-critical and beat myself up. I am self-loving. I therefore choose to focus on what a fabulous weekend I had whilst considering the learning experience it offered me.



No comments:

Post a Comment